1. There is NO appointment to attend if you are based outside of Auckland - your profile will be approved remotely.
2. You must supply us with a headshot and body shot to be approved as an out-of-Auckland talent - see some samples below and on our website.
3. Once you've completed you're application, you will receive a username and password to your profile within the BGT website.
4. When you log in for the first time you must will need to agree to the Talent Agency Agreement and read the Actors Guide so that you know what to do before stepping onto your first film set. This will also explain how our online booking system works.
5. You will need to complete an IR330C form and upload it to your online profile under the General section, and add your IRD number and bank account details. Your tax code is WT. Your schedular payment activity number is 10 if you are a NZ tax resident, or 18 if you are on a working holiday or are on a student visa for less than 6 months.
This is withholding tax. You are not an employee; instead you are considered a contractor working in the film and TV industry.
6. Complete all of the missing information on your profile. Update the General, Characteristics, Skills, Training & Prior Experience sections. Your profile must be over 90% for you to be approved and start being submitted for jobs. This includes your IRD number, bank account details, and IR330C form so that once you have worked you can be paid in a timely manner (please check the Actors Guide for full details of how and when you will be paid - you must be logged into your profile to be able to access this).
Role rates vary and are dependent on the production's budget and the role you play. The average is $250 gross per day and the minimum rate is minimum wage.
Please remember that we deduct the standard 20% withholding tax for Inland Revenue and also our 20% commission plus GST, so that we can make some money too. We only make money when our talent are working.
Depending on which Free Trial offer you are applying for, you must be eligible and available to work in the New Zealand city of the Free Trial application and have a current work visa or NZ residency.